Thursday, March 27, 2008

Insomnia

OK............breath in,breath out....and.. 1,2, bahh, bahhh 3, 4, 5 bah!!!!!


....and about 30 bouncing white fluffy tails later and 45 minutes and I'm still awake!
where did that counting sheep thing come from anyway!

I had tried almost every technique, open the window, eat a banana, flip to the cooler side of the pillow and finally, with a fight, recking and ransacking through every bits and bobs draw in the house (of which there are many) I search for my sleeping pills.

After trawling the flight of stairs in my house several times, each time remembering another possible 'hidey' place for them I look in the last nook that wasn't already searched!, success the familiar blue packaged friend stares me empatheticaly in the eyes.

With a gulp of yesterdays water that had been sat on my radiator over night I swallow the gem like an awaited hit on a glass pipe.

Back to the waiting game, each second heightening my senses to feel the effects seeping into my blood, each minute telling myself I felt different, and in the hour pleading for mercy it happened.

Photobucket

No comments: