Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Names

My name is Jessi.
Some call me 'Jess', stupidly, this annoys me. Some people call me 'Habibti' (darling), he calls me 'Hayati' obviously this delights me, and when my mother calls me 'petal' this softens me.

Imagine how it pleases Allah when we mention his name.

Depending on what surah's we recite during our prayers we mention Allah 5 times (periods) a day minimum. This is the 'fard' (obligitory) rememberence that is asked of us.

Some of us remember Allah mmore than this. Some of us remember Allah when we see something amazing and we say 'subhanallah' (glory be to god), when we here something good 'mashallah' (as god has willed).

Every time we do this we please Allah :)

What an achievement! to please god!




Say BISMILLAHIR RAHMANIR RAHIM!
When Allah banished the devil from heaven, the 1st thing the devil asked was; But,
  • Where will I eat and drink?
  • Where will I sleep?
to which Allah replied; 'You will eat, drink and sleep with those that fail to say bismillah.'

The benefits of bismillah;

The prophet Mohammed (saaws) was standing by some children who were eating and all of a sudden a huge smile came upon his face. One of the children came to him and asked;
'ya rasoolilah, why is it that you are all of a sudden so happy?'
The prophet replied;
'When you began to eat a child amongst you forgot to say 'bismillah' so shaytan (satan) sat to eat from his food with him....
....but then the child remembered and said '
BISMILLAHI-AWWALUHU WA AKIRAHU' to which shaytan vomited.

Allahs infinate mercy from bismillah;

Prophet Mohammed saaws said;
When a man dies, his good deeds come to an end, except 3:
  • ongoing charity,
  • beneficial knowledge
  • and righteous offspring who will pray for him (sahih muslim)


Sayedena Isa (raa) Jesus, walked past a grave and heared great torment from it. The next time he walked past the same grave there was silence. Jesus turned to Allah and asked; 'Oh Allah, how it was that his mercy was bought upon the inhabitant of this grave.
Allah
replied;
'ya Isa (Oh Jesus) , when the man died, he left behind a child. When his mother took him to school and he, the child, said Bismillaahir rahmaanir raheem in the presence of the teacher, it is not like me to keep on punishing his father while he called me Rahmaan and Raheem. Hence, I forgave him.

No comments: