Thursday, August 26, 2010

The 10 days of forgiveness

Abu Hurairah (RA) narrated that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said:
'In the last third of every night ALLAH descends to the lowermost heaven and says; "Who is calling Me, so that I may answer him? Who is asking Me so that may I grant him? Who is seeking forgiveness from Me so that I may forgive him?.'
[Sahih al-Bukhari, Hadith Qudsi]

The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) reported:

The devil said to God: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies."

And God replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask My forgiveness."

- Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742



On the authority of Anas, who said:

I heard the messenger (SAW) of Allah say:

Allah the Almighty has said: “O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind.
O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you.
O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me,
I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as its.”

No comments: