Monday, August 24, 2009

The One

Surah Ikhlas
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In my years of struggle of searching for the truth of God, I gave up everything, affirming no relation in it between my head and my heart.
One sunny afternoon a craving for Olives overtook me (which it often did) and so I bought a jar and walked out into Marble Arch and heared a man to my left say;
'Olives! do you know how good olives are for you, and that it was one of the favoured foods of the prophet?
'I know why I like them, and a little about your prophet' I replied and slowly walked towards this bearded man standing at the da3ey (religeous {islamic} stand)'
As our conversation took place and he tried to give me the snippets of info that he thought would keep my attention, I could see he was surprised to see how much I knew being a blonde haired art student walking with pride in my ripped jeans. He offered me any book from the table and as I browsed over them all and had no other ioption to decline his offer as I realised, I had read them all (this dissapointed me, all I was waiting for was for someone to prove me wrong once and for all).
He reached into a box and pulled out 2 books; 'Modern science in the quran', and......

'KITAB AL TAWHID'

The book of 'oneness of god
The oneness of God is what sets Islam, this abrahamic religeon closest to its core.

Surah Ikhlas (Tafsir)

Was revealed in Makkah to the prophet when the Quraysh (an arabic tribe) asked the prophet 'What is your herritage/ancestory (this is disputed amongst narators) of your lord?

To which he replied;

قُلْ هُوَ اللَّهُ أَحَدٌ - اللَّهُ الصَّمَدُ - لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ - وَلَمْ يَكُنْ لَّهُ كُفُواً أَحَدٌ


1.Say: He is Allah, One.
2Allah He begets not, nor was He begotten.
3.And there is non comparable to Him.''

(2.As Samad is one that is not born and doesn not give birth)

Such a simple and short ayah (verse), What importance does this surah hold over others?


A man heard another man reciting قُلْ هُوَ اللَّهُ أَحَدٌ (Say: "He is Allah, One.'')

...and he was repeating over and over.

So when morning came, the man went to the Prophet and mentioned that to him,

and it was as though he was belittling it.

The Prophet said, وَالَّذِي نَفْسِي بِيَدِهِ إِنَّهَا لَتَعْدِلُ ثُلُثَ الْقُرْآن

By He in Whose Hand is my soul, verily it is equivalent to a third of the Qur'an.
Photobucket

No comments: