Monday, October 13, 2008

.....Further updates

OK, so I asked my salary, well I wasn't that brave I suggested to his daughter whilst he (Abu Hassan) was on the phone that I needed to know so I could estimate my budget when looking for an apartment....

EEEEK

It's not good its below what the job is worth really especially as I'm working 9-6 6 days a week which is very rear in Egypt, VERY!

and it's not even enough to pay for the minimum rent that is I would be lucky to get......

So, what do I do. She asked me if it was OK with me but I just smiled and said yes, I mean what can I say, they are doing so much for me and there even bribing someone they know so that I can get a longer Visa without the early morning paper work! not to mention that they are paying for my arabic teacher 4 days a week, who I really like! he's 29 a very much into his deen, you now the one beared and disdasha, which intimidated me a little bit at first. Speaks no English but never lets me give up. And he's teaching me from the beginning ABC... but really thoroughly. And after a slow convo in Arabic I found out that he started practising Islam at 21, before that he was just any guy at uni. So how can I say no its not good for me but Im going to have to sooner or later, besides Il just continue to the end of the month so that I can somehow repay them for all there kindness and explain my predicament. Although I know that they will just suggest that I should move into Abu Hassan and his Wifes house as they are in Saudi every other 3 months (as they already have done) but I want my own place that I can paint and fill with dodgy seccond hand furniure that I grow to love...lol you get my point though.

We'll see how it go's

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) you are a blogger.

it makes me so happy to know you are achieving what you want in life. it will be difficult, we will have barriers and sometimes barricades but they are not the problem.. the problem is how we get beyond them.. do we break them down or go around? do we climb over or dig under.. or walk headfirst into the wall knowing it will just crumble around our trust in allahs plan for us.

May allah always guide you closer to the Truth walkerster.

you've written to me a few times, i haven't been at the computer, forgive me.


ziPucman