Thursday, June 5, 2008

Immortal Technique Concert 04/06/08

Yesterday I fell in love,
it was such a nostalgic feeling, it came entangled with inspiration.

Along with Marmite, Public parks, and my mother, the up and coming Hip-Hop scene has given me another reason (on the ever shrinking list) to be proud to be British.
Not a pride of arrogant intent but the type of pride that hopeful foundations lye on.

Standing in one of the most eclectic crowds I have ever seen I listened to a 17 year old tell me about 'his ancestors growing into tall feathers with ink dripping from there feet writing the words that can still be read today', it was obviously said with a bit more lyrical finesse but you can see where I'm coming from, a 17 year old!

So you can Imagine the rest of the warm up, each performer topping the one before it eloquently articulating the problems that we chose to ignore. Where other rappers before them couldn't find any other words but 'F*CK THE POLICE', these guys break down political history all in the time it would take to tie your shoe laces!

I can't wait to check out some of the snippets I heard in full detail.
To understand what I'm hyping up look out for artists such as 'Low Key' of the Poisonous poet's crew, and 'The Peoples Army' crew.
I have to give a special mention to 'Low Key', Karim you stole the show big time!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do u know kareem? poisenous poets are good, u should also look out for jargon and mystro... (natural born spitters fame) or Mi5 (jargz/valiant/dilz)

Confessions from a convert said...

yea I know about Jargon and Mystro, I don't want to leave out Skinny Man from that nights event, nice entertainment and a little bit of grime.