Friday, January 21, 2011

What I'm reading... incase anyone cares?


So everyone reads the metro right? That newspaper thats stained in coffee marks re-printed with the sole of a size 9 shoe and almost always harbors an unsavory foreign object between a few of the pages...

...Anyway, I don't, not really, and not for any of the rather valid reasons listed above. I don't read the news because the news depresses me. Sure call me immature, unrealistic or whatever you want but I think I have the right to chose, if I can, to stay away from that which may lull me into the insecure pessimist that runs the rat race of the Western world...... where was I going with this?...

Ahh yeh, So! there is this one section in the Metro that I sometimes bravely flip through to. The section that has the list of most played music from some 'b listers' ipod which I thought would be better if it was of their books then I wouldn't have to frantically flip through that dangerous collection of depressive stories. So incase there's anyone out there who like me doesn't want to subject themselves to light torture or be sucked in by the humm-drum of the news in every start of their day then here is my list of what I'm reading. O.K! I'm not Richard or Judy or a 'B, C, D or even D list celebrity' but I'm hard to please in terms of reading.

So here they are, in no particular order:

  1. 'To Kill a Mockingbird', Harper Lee.
  2. 'The Zahir', Paulo Coelho.
  3. 'The Glorious Qur'an', Tajweed.
  4. 'The Cairo Trilogy', Naguib Mahfouz.
  5. 'Christian Theology', Alistair McGath.
  6. 'Judaism', Nicholas DeLange.



No comments: